Today is Thursday, which means I’m thankful. I’m thankful and blessed everyday, but I’ve decided to list 5 things I’m thankful for every Thursday. You can read more about that here.
1. A 9 month well-check. PB had his 9-month WELL-check last Friday. Praise the Lord for well-checks. I’m so thankful that we were going to the doctor for a healthy baby visit. PB acted his usual self-ripping paper into shreds, screaming ‘dada’ at the top of his lungs, and almost ripping the mini-blinds right off the office window. My face turned 8029 shades of red that day. But I didn’t care. He was happy and healthy. And that is all that matters to me.
2. Our youth program. Ben and I help lead a youth program at our church (and another church) with 2 other wonderful couples. We all started this after a youth revival hoping that it would be a blessing for the kids. Let me tell you, it has been a HUGE blessing to me. It’s so encouraging to see a bunch of young, teenage kids lovin’ Jesus. I admire them for being a part of it and admire them for taking a stand for Jesus. I wish I would have been more like that when I was their age.
3. My dad. I love my dad. He’s a good man. He’s always worked so hard to provide for us. He taught me selflessness. He taught me the value of hard work. I would get so mad at him when I was younger and he would make us wake up at 7:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning to go work cows or tobacco. But now, I’m so thankful he did (it helps me with the early mornings with PB!). He’s an incredible papaw, too. PB is just nuts about him. My dad is one quirky man (he’s got a huge stockpile of ketchup and baked beans in his basement; if you ever run out, you know where to find them), but I love and appreciate that man very much!
4. My health and my family’s health. Any day you wake up and have a breath of life in your body is a good day!
5. My salvation. I accepted Jesus into my heart on Easter Sunday when I was in the 6th grade. Best.decision.ever. I have lived a life that is far from perfect, but I’m loved and forgiven. I’m thankful for the peace I have with Him. Life, to me, just looks better since I’ve had Jesus because I’ve got His hope. I know that I’m loved, cared for, and that I’m never alone. He provides a refuge when I feel hopeless and gives me strength when I am weak and tired. I don’t do a good job of it explaining it very well, but having Him in my life makes me feel full and complete. Though it was many years back, I do remember, very well, the feeling of accepting Him into my life. This totally indescribable peace filled my heart and my shoulders felt like they weighed about 1000 pounds less. And 13 years later, it still feels that awesome.
What about y’all? What are you thankful for this Thursday?