I finally finished student teaching a couple of days ago, and now, I’m unemployed.
So far, there have been ZERO elementary jobs posted for the systems I’m applying for. But I’m keeping my head up, and trying to focus on the fact that God has a plan for me, and He led me here for a reason. Some days it’s really easy. Other days, not so much. But regardless, I’m happy and content with the decision that I made.
I had 100% intention to get back on the posting ball once I finished my internship, but it hasn’t quite worked out the way I planned. I have spent the past couple of days soaking up time with my boys, cleaning out closets, and sweeping up dust bunnies who have taken up permanent residence under our beds and couches due to my negligence of household chores. But I’ve plucked my eyebrows, watched a soap while I folded laundry, and took my mamaw shopping. And I’ve spent most days in the softest, most publicly inappropriate clothes I own. All in all, I’d say it’s been a success.
I’ll recap a little on what I’ve missed over the past month or so:
1. We celebrated 3 years of wedded bliss. I’ll admit, our romantic date to the Tennessee Line and Progressive Partner dance will be hard to top. I’m still laughing about it. Our anniversary was May 16th. We went out for a bite to eat that night. We brought PB with us. He threw his food all over the restaurant. He broke a dish. He screamed bloody murder until Ben took him outside and I finished eating my anniversary dinner alone. The best part of the night was the ride home when we laughed about how naive we were 3 years ago. We were grinning idiots on that day, and if we had it to do all over again, we’d take the money and run off to Vegas. I wouldn’t trade where we are now for anything.
2. I celebrated my 1 year blogging anniversary. And by celebrate, I mean that I was laying in the bed one night watching Golden Girls reruns and thought, ‘oh crap, haven’t I been blogging a year now’? So yep. One whole year of my life I’ve recorded on this blog. I admit, I have a love/hate relationship with this thing. I love it because I can look back on so much that I would have totally forgotten about, and I hate it because it feels like a chore sometimes. Luckily, it only feels like a chore when I feel like I’ve got nothing to write about. Which brings me to point 3.
3. I currently have 7 unfinished blog posts. That means, I’ve sat down 7 times to write a post and I’ve abruptly shut the computer down. It was probably because I had a screaming toddler yanking my legs. Or because Ben couldn’t find his khakis. Or really, most likely, because I have had a terrible habit of keeping chocolate ice cream in the fridge lately. And every night, like clockwork, I convince myself that I need to have a bowl before I go to bed. So, that, my friends has crowded my blogging time. I’d really like to blame it on something other than that, but I can’t. That’s the real excuse.
4. I highlighted my hair. Two times. I think I’m going through a youngish-mid life mom-crisis. I think it started when I had the Target bathing suit incident. I must have panicked and thought I was destined for a lifetime of Ryder’s jeans so I stopped at the pharmacy and bought a highlighting kit. I’ve never highlighted my hair, but the gray was really getting out of control. So I read the box, applied the stuff, and left it on for 2 minutes. It did nothing. Undeterred, I bought another box, left the stuff on for 30 minutes, and now, the grays have disappeared! Well, more like they are hiding underneath ‘caramel’ highlights, but I like to pretend they’re gone.
5. We’ve planted a garden, built a clothesline, and hope to get a storage shed soon to house my table saw. I’ve got lots to post about, so hopefully I can resist the chocolate ice cream and catch up!
Have a blessed Tuesday 🙂